Career / Open Positions
Research assistant (PhD position) in the European School of Network Neuroscience (EuSNN).
About the project: EuSNN will integrate leading European groups in network neuroscience and deliver training on knowledge and skills that enable students to pursue a successful career in this emerging field. euSNN will combine and train all approaches relevant for investigation of brain networks, including (f)MRI, M/EEG, in-vivo recordings, analysis, modelling, network modulation with optogenetics or non-invasive neurostimulation and studies on network changes in neurological disorders. Be part of it.
The tendered position is funded by a Marie Curie grant, in which we participate together with more than 10 top international Universities. (Secondments at several partner laboratories are part of the training.) The partner SciCovery will work on online assessment of stroke and PD patients with altered network dynamics and, thus, affected cognitive capacities, enables us to better understand the effects found in the lab and generalize them to the overall population. For this purpose the early stage researcher (ESR) will further develop the Labvanced platform (https://www.labvanced.com) , which is one of the most advanced internet systems for online research (web-based experiments). Labvanced offers researchers the possibility to create, share and record complex online experiments using an easy to use graphical interface. On top of this, we offer brand new features using latest web technologies, such as webcam based eyetracking, audio recordings, real time interaction for multiple participants. Labvanced is now used by many research institutes world-wide.
About the job: This exciting job offer combines web development, scientific research and interaction with several other research groups, data analysis, and the experience of working in a startup environment. Funding is provided by the EU’s Marie Curie (Horizon 2020) program for 3 years with a full time contract. This position is tendered in collaboration with the research group of Prof. Peter König at the Institute of Cognitive Science, University of Osnabrück (Germany).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent MSc degree in Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Computational Neuroscience or related fields.
- Interest in creating, conducting, and analyzing behavioral experiments.
- Be able to work independently in an organized and reliable manner.
- Experience with git workflows.
- English (Intermediate level or above) is required, both verbal and in writing.
- Please note the eligibility criteria for researchers in Marie Sklodowska-Curie ITNs: They must be in the first four years of his/her research career, not have a doctoral degree, and not have resided in the country of the recruiting beneficiary (i.e. Germany) for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date.
- Interest to work in a startup environment and interaction within an international collaboration, including performing secondments at partner sites.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform (Windows, Linux, Android) compatibility issues.
- Experience with experimental designs and data analysis
- Interest to create online assessment tools for stroke and PD patients.
- Interested in community management and supporting other researchers on our platform.
- Develop and improve features on the Labvanced platform.
- Implement a test battery / online assessment capabilities for stroke and PD patients to assess affected cognitive capacities.
- Monitoring during the data acquisition process and support for longitudinal studies on mobile systems.
- Collaborate with scientific partners of the Marie Curie consortium for the validation of the test battery and for the data analysis.
- Analyze the recorded behavioral data in a professional scientific way.
- Write up concise and meaningful summaries / presentations as well as prepare documents for peer-reviewed publications.
What we offer:
- Obtain a PhD in Cognitive Science from the University of Osnabrück while working in an IT-startup!
- Opportunities for both local and international travel and present your work at several conferences and workshops.
- Flexibility in self organising your working hours and location.
- Work in close collaboration with the interdisciplinary Neurobiopsychology group of Prof. Dr. Peter König at the University of Osnabrück (see https://www.ikw.uni-osnabrueck.de/en/research_groups/neurobiopsychology.html )
- Competitive salary with (full-time) employment for up to 3 years.
Interested candidates please send your CV to: email@example.com
For further information about MSCA-ITN under EU H2020, see: https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/horizon2020/en/h2020-section/marie-sklodowska-curie-actions